Wednesday 29 December 2010

Way Back Wednesday: James STANTON and Philip SIBLY 1659

These two (my 9th ggrandparents) are the last two in this line that I can be certain of.  The line does go back further, but I got the data from Ancestry before my subscription expired and now needs further research:

James STANTON b 8 Mar 1599 Redgate Chapel, Cornwall
m 1629 Redgate Chapel, Cornwall to Margaret HEARD (1600-1670)
d 1655

with parents of James STANTAN and Joan (and would make them my 11th ggrandparents).

Going back to my confirmed 9th great-grandparents, James and Philip - well, I presume that does not mean that a man married a man back in 1659! more that the name Philip was a contraction of the name Philippa...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit written permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.

You Might Also Be Interested In

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive